Sunday, May 08, 2005

New York Times Gripes about Blogs

A Blog Revolution? Get a Grip - New York Times

Overview of Gawker's publishing business model
Requiring "authors" to post 12 times a day is over the top in my opinion.

I too would question the business model, trying to be an aggregation point then selling advertising.

But : for marketing
"Other critics of the blog movement wonder whether the hoopla over the commercial viability of blogs - particularly as publishing ventures - is overstated. "Blogs primarily excel at marketing and promotion for companies or individuals," Mr. Phillips of I Want Media said. "I think blogging can catapult unknown writers, and it can give them a platform if they're talented. But as a stand-alone business, I think the jury is still out on that."

Note that link to Times may "rot" - the RSS permalink function seems to be broken.

Later update
This link might work after all
A Blog Revolution? Get a Grip - New York Times

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home