Friday, April 29, 2005

The Red Couch: Interview: Mena Trott

The Red Couch: Interview: Mena Trott

Mena and her husband, Ben founded Six Apart, creators of Movable Type/Typepad a blogging tool

Blogging needs to be as ubiquitous as email. You don't differentiate email between business and personal—you just do email. The thing about blogging is that it needs to be just blogging. It doesn't matter whether its business or personal or family or friends or private or public. I want a day when I have one weblog and I can just post whatever I want to post in that one weblog and I don't have to think of how to categorize it. I want it to be filtered on the reader's end. I don't want 30 blogs I want one that is an extension of all parts of me. I want one weblog that publishes to all sorts of groups

Note on RSS:
Personal websites died because they were too hard to update. RSS is hugely important. Being able to know that we have updated was not possible with websites. To be able to comment, to affect a communications loop, this is how weblogs have gone beyond the old personal and even corporate websites. Weblogs are evolved personal web pages even when they are commercial or anonymous. You have to know there's a personal voice even when it’s a business blog. Robots can't write this stuff. It’s what made blogging what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home