Cory Doctorow : My Blog, My Outboard Brain
O'Reilly Network: My Blog, My Outboard Brain
Excellent piece on use of blogs for "information repository"
I'm starting to do this with other blog(s)
This is what Tom Barnett was talking about in terms of using his blog to help write his next book
Search !
"As a committed infovore, I need to eat roughly six times my weight in information every day or my brain starts to starve and atrophy. I gather information from many sources: print, radio, television, conversation, the Web, RSS feeds, email, chance, and serendipity. I used to bookmark this stuff, but I just ended up with a million bookmarks that I never revisited and could never find anything in."
And :
"Being deprived of my blog right now would be akin to suffering extensive brain-damage. Huge swaths of acquired knowledge would simply vanish. Just as my TiVo frees me from having to watch boring television by watching it for me, my blog frees me up from having to remember the minutae of my life, storing it for me in handy and contextual form."
infovore : great term
Excellent piece on use of blogs for "information repository"
I'm starting to do this with other blog(s)
This is what Tom Barnett was talking about in terms of using his blog to help write his next book
Search !
"As a committed infovore, I need to eat roughly six times my weight in information every day or my brain starts to starve and atrophy. I gather information from many sources: print, radio, television, conversation, the Web, RSS feeds, email, chance, and serendipity. I used to bookmark this stuff, but I just ended up with a million bookmarks that I never revisited and could never find anything in."
And :
"Being deprived of my blog right now would be akin to suffering extensive brain-damage. Huge swaths of acquired knowledge would simply vanish. Just as my TiVo frees me from having to watch boring television by watching it for me, my blog frees me up from having to remember the minutae of my life, storing it for me in handy and contextual form."
infovore : great term

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home